The Canadian economy heavily depends on the building sector. For instance, constructing new residences and commercial structures is necessary to meet the demand of an urban population that is continually expanding. Particularly in Quebec, the construction industry is an important sector, generating $67 billion in 2021. One of the popular materials used in construction is steel. Steel building Quebec are increasing in demand because of various factors. Building with steel is the smart way to go. It’s the most cost-effective building material, is resistant to high winds and earthquakes, and can withstand termites, rot, and other pests that plague wood frame buildings.
1. Steel is the most cost-effective building material
Steel is the most cost-effective building material. It offers high strength, durability, and longevity at a lower price than other materials, such as concrete or masonry. Steel’s long lifespan makes it an ideal choice for any commercial or industrial building project in Canada.
2. It is resistant to high winds and earthquakes
- Steel is more substantial than wood. While it is true that steel buildings are more resistant to high winds and earthquakes, timber structures are also susceptible to damage by these factors. Wood buildings can be affected by the same threats as steel, but they also have problems with termites and rot.
- Steel is more flexible than wood. This means a structure made with this material will not collapse in an earthquake or strong windstorm as quickly as one made with other materials.
- Steel is better at resisting fire than any other building material available today, including concrete or masonry (which are both used often in Canada). A fire-resistant coating may be applied to steel plates before they’re assembled into a building frame; however, this isn’t always necessary since the metal has its natural resistance against heat due to its chemical makeup!
3. Design freedom
The most crucial factor to consider when designing a steel building is to be as creative as possible. There are no limitations to the designs of steel buildings, unlike wood-framed buildings, which need to be built following certain restrictions.
Steel buildings can be designed to meet any project’s needs, whether a small office or warehouse or a large commercial building such as an apartment complex or shopping mall. The best part about using steel for your next project is that you have complete freedom over what shape and size you want your structure to take on.
4. 100% recyclable and sustainable.
A steel building is 100% recyclable and made from recycled materials. Because of this, a steel building is considered a green building material since it reduces the amount of waste produced in construction, which helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Steel buildings are also made with recycled materials that have been processed into usable products. This means you’re supporting local industries when you build your following commercial or industrial structure out of steel!
Steel building in Quebec is an excellent choice and has many benefits over traditional building materials such as wood and concrete. Not only is steel durable, but it is also very cost-effective and environmentally friendly. You can customize your building with colours or trim options and add windows or wainscoting if needed. There are many reasons why steel makes sense in Canada; we hope this article helped explain why.