Handy Looks at Warning Signs You Are Not Ready for Love
According to Handy, being in a relationship can be a beautiful feeling. It changes your perspective towards the panorama of life. At the same time, it is important to realize whether or not you are ready for a serious relationship. Good timing matters a lot towards maintaining a healthy bond with your loved one. It’s important to give yourself some time before you commit.
The Warning Signs
Given below are a few warning signs that you should look out for as these can justify whether you are ready for love:
- You are not happy – Being in a happy space is of paramount importance if you wish to spread happiness in your relationship. If because of any reason whatsoever, you are not comfortable with your job, your health or your finances, it is a good idea to work on it first. Rushing into a relationship at such a point in your life can adversely affect the beauty of your alliance.
- Your ex is still on your mind – Sometimes, a past break-up is still raw in your mind and you are finding it difficult to let it go. Seeing your ex with someone else makes you angry or jealous and you find it difficult to make peace with the fact that you two are no longer a couple. In such a situation you are not ready for inviting someone new into your life. You have to first let go of the past before seeking a future with another person.
- You are not being your own self – There are times when in order to impress your partner, you are not being your real self. If this continues after a couple of dates, it means you are not ready for a relationship with the person. Sooner or later you will show your real side to your date and then things might not be the same. If the person likes you for what you are, only then you are ready for love and being with them.
- You have just broken up – When a long relationship has just ended, you are in a state of shock and misery. It is common to see people rush into another just as a rebound. In such circumstances, all you need is a little reassurance that your breakup doesn’t hurt anymore. This act of hastiness to find solace with another partner does not do any good. Give your heart some time to heal before jumping into a new relationship.
- You are not ready to commit – If the idea of being with a single person for the rest of your life scares you then you are definitely not ready for love. You should be completely comfortable in your relationship for being able to experience true love. If you fear to commit yourself to your partner, then you should understand that this is not the right time for you. Enjoy your single status while it lasts.
Handy feels that being in a serious relationship makes you a happier and better person. If you show signs that you are not ready for it, it is best to give some time to yourself before you embark on a new journey.
Debra Ulery is a professional blogger and She loves to write on different news stories.